Many people in the Paths to Literacy community love blogger Liamsmom, who writes about her experiences bringing a love of literacy into the life of her 6-year-old son who is deafblind. Join her for this 5-week online class through Perkins School for the Blind: Accessible Literacy for Early Readers: Students Who Are Blind, Visually Impaired or Deafblind.
- Session One: Introduction-Need for Accessibility.
- Session Two: Experience Books: Tell your story!
- Session Three: Story Boxes and Conversation Boxes: Pictures you can explore through touch.
- Session Four: Concept Books and Adapting Classroom Literature: tactile graphics.
- Session Five: Thematic Units: tying it all together!
For registration and more information, see http://www.perkinselearning.org/earn-credits/online-class/accessible-literacy-for-early-readers