CNIB and AltLit.ca are sponsoring a Braille Creative Writing Contest for students in Canada who are blind or visually impaired.
- This contest is open to primary and secondary students who are blind or partially sighted and live in Canada.
- Computer braille is accepted, but all braille contractions must represent the work of the student, not braille translation software.
- Use the braille you know. Entries may be in uncontracted, partially contracted or fully contracted braille. If an entry is in partially contracted braille, the student must also send a teacher's letter explaining which contractions have been taught to date; the teacher's letter may also explain any special circumstances.
- Braille accuracy and creativity will be given equal weighting during judging.
- The awarding of any and all prizes is at the discretion of the judges, and all decisions are final.
- CNIB may, at its discretion, publish the stories/poems submitted by the award winners of each category.
Up to $2,350 is available to be won!