A new research study is currently recruiting families with a child with a visual impairment to participate. This study will examine the physical activity, nutrition, and wellbeing of youth with visual impairments in comparison with their primary care providers and siblings.
This study will involve:
- One parent, one child with a visual impairment, and one child without a visual impairment will be asked to participate in aspects of this study.
- All participants will wear physical activity monitors for one week.
- Parents will complete family factors and wellbeing surveys.
- Youth participants completing nutrition questionnaires.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Families that include one child with a visual impairment, (at least) one child without a visual impairment, and one parent who are willing to participate.
- Children must be between 8 and 17 years of age.
- Families from any location within the United States are eligible.
August 1, 2018
All families who successfully complete all aspects of this study will receive a $40.00 Amazon Gift Card.
If you are a parent of a child with a visual impairment and are interested in participating in this study, please contact Dr. Justin Haegele at email@example.com or (757) 683-5338.