Assistive Technology for Students Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired by Ike Presley and Frances Mary D'Andrea provides an overview of assistive technology for students using vision, hearing or touch to access materials. The book includes information on selecting appropriate tools and strategies, guidelines to conduct a technology assessment, and tips to work effectively to use technology.
Table of Contents:
Part 1: Overview of Assistive Technology for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
- Chapter 1 Technology for Learning and Literacy
- Chapter 2 Technologies for Accessing Print Information
- Chapter 3 Technologies for Accessing Electronic Information
- Chapter 4 Technologies for Producing Written Communication
- Chapter 5 Technologies for Producing Materials in Alternate Formats
Part 2: The Assistive Technology Assessment Process
- Chapter 6 Getting Ready for the Assessment
- Chapter 7 Performing an Assistive Technology Assessment
- Chapter 8 Writing the Recommendations Report
- Chapter 9 Follow-up: Implementing the Recommendations
The book is available for purchase through AFB.