Positive Eye provides educational consultancy and training for professionals working with children and young people with visual impairment in the school or early years setting in the UK and in other European countries.
Positive Eye supports practitioners to:
- Reflect and share good practice
- Develop knowledge base
- Refresh thoughts and practices
- Broaden skills and competence
Positive Eye’s mission is to equip front line practitioners with the practical know how for: ‘what to do’ ‘how to do it’ and ‘what to do with it’.
Positive Eye offers a range of services:
- Consultation Service: Responds to specific need, including Service Review, Service Audit or development of strategies, policies and frameworks
- Tailored Training Service: To meet the professional development requirements of the service, organisation or school/setting
- Practical courses: Addressing a wide range of aspects relating to including children and young people with a visual impairment in the school/setting.
- Product range: Positive Eye produces and publishes its own product range, selling guides and resources to LA Services and schools in the UK and to institutes and organisations overseas.
Gwyn McCormack – Director of Positive Eye has created and developed the product range to respond specifically to the needs of professionals working with children and young people with visual impairment.
Products have been developed often as a result of requests from colleagues looking for a resource to address a particular area of need.
Products from Positive Eye
• Provide a foundation and framework which can adapted and amended to suit individual needs of child or Service
• Are sold on CD and Hardcopy