This blog post from Thomas Marshall Does It All is full of creative ideas to make the holidays more accessible to all children. Try some of the following:
- Put child-friendly Christmas decorations down at the child's height, so they can explore them.
- Use garlands around doors, so they can feel them as they trail the walls
- Hang sleigh bells from door knobs, so they ring when the door is opened or closed
- Use holiday scents to create a festive mood
- Make 3-D gift wrap using textures
- Make texture cards