Welcome to Project INSPIRE: Grades 2 to 5: Nemeth Code Symbols for Fractions and Spatial Problems, Instructional Tools, Materials, and Technology. This is the third course in the series.
Please begin the course by watching these short introductory videos.
Project INSPIRE Team Video
Project INSPIRE Walk-Through Video
This course was developed as part of Project INSPIRE: Increasing the STEM Potential of Individuals Who Read Braille, a 5-year grant funded by the US Department of Education, Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (H235E190003).
Project INSPIRE, Course 3: Nemeth Code symbols for fractions and spatial problems for grades 2 to 5, and instructional materials
- Project INSPIRE, Course 3: Introduction
- Lesson 1: Fractions and Mixed Numbers
- Lesson 2: Spatial Arrangements
- Lesson 3: Long Division
- Lesson 4: Formatting Spatial Materials and Number Lines for Students in Grades 2-5
- Lesson 5: Instructional Tools and Materials
- Lesson 6: Developing Students’ Abacus Skills
- Lesson 7: Tech Skills for Math
- If You Are a Braille Reader using Project INSPIRE: Course 3
- Contact for Project INSPIRE