Welcome to the Teacher Tips: Best Practices for Teaching Braille and STEM to the Visually Impaired section of the Braille Brain microsite. Our desire is that Pre-Service and In-Service Teachers of the Visually Impaired (TVIs) will find this website a great resource for working with students with visual impairments.
- Key Ideas and Details
- Craft and Structure
- Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
- Foundational Skills
- Braille Hand Movement and Refreshable Braille Displays
- Vocabulary Acquisition and Use
- Writing and Language
- Conventions of Standard English: Standard One
- Conventions of Standard English: Standard Two
This project was funded by the US Department of Education, Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA), 84.235E Special Projects and Demonstrations for Providing Vocational Rehabilitation Services to Individuals with Severe Disabilities. The project is titled: Braille Brain: A Braille Training Program for pre/in-service Teachers of Students with Visual Impairments (TSVI), paraprofessionals, and other educational team members (H235E190002).