DbI Webinars offer new opportunities for participation around the world. In the midst of the COVID-19 crisis, webinars are THE opportunity to share knowledge, learn from each other and (re-)connect. The 1st DbI webinar series will be held on Zoom from 22-26 June 2020 around the theme Living with Deafblindness in a New Reality.
- How can we explain to people with deafblindness what is happening?
- What are our existing tools and insights that can influence our next steps?
- How can we deal with social distancing when we need to communicate tactually?
- How can we use online tools for assessment, intervention and staff training?
- What topics do we need to reflect on to prepare for the future?
- What does this crisis mean to us as a community?
Each webinar will consist of 1-hour presentations that have the goal of increasing our understanding of living with deafblindness. Presentations will be held around the clock in order to accommodate global time zones.