The Southwest Orientation & Mobility (SWOMA) Conference is going virtual again this year! They will be Zooming into the Future adding all they’ve learned from months and months of delivering professional development online.
Although they are moving their face-to-face conference to an entirely online format again this year, you can still expect timely and informative keynotes and breakout sessions as well as the opportunity to connect with exhibitors.
Over 13 hours of CEU’s (ACVREP and SBEC) are offered through SWOMA this year.
- November 4th: Pre-Conference (Optional)
- November 5th - 6th: Main Conference
- Professionals and Family Members - $100.00
- University Students and Paraprofessionals - $40.00
- GPS Navigation Apps: Katt Jones and Marie Trudelle
- Echolocation and Freedom of Movement: Daniel Kish
- College, Career, and Community Readiness Standards: Mary Tellefson and Bill Koehler
- Orientation and Mobility for Early Childhood: Tanni Anthony
- Indoor Navigation for All: Mike May and Evelyn Tichenor
- NFB cane with other tips on it: Alison Behringer & Drew Bernet
- Structured Discovery and How to Apply with Students: Scott Meyer and Joni Martinez
- VoiceOver 101: Neva Fairchild
- Spatial Awareness, Assessment, and Skills Development: Lil Deverell and Ian Stuart
- Exhibitor Recorded Trainings
- Exhibit Hall
- Plan it, Braille it, Trek it, Complementing Traditional O&M Skills with Technology: Peter Tucic
- On and Off the Grid: Christina Dumitru and Lauren Herring
- The importance of physical activity in individuals who are blind or visually impaired: Chelsea Schumacher
- Active Learning for Orientation and Mobility: Scott Baltisberger and Sara Kitchen
- How O&M Services for Children Were Impacted by COVID-19: Justin Kaiser, Danene Fast, Jasamyn DeGrant, Stephanie Welch-Grenier
- SafeToddles Panel: Marjie Wood, Geri Darko, Danika Dunlap, Blanche Faulk, June Allison
- Transition Adventure - Pre-employment transition skills through gaming: Marty Schultz and August Voelk
- Yoga and Body Awareness: Shauna Patino and Stephanie Martinez
- Guide Dog Panel: Marc Gillard from Guide Dogs for the Blind, Leslie Hopkins from Leader Dogs for the Blind, Kristin Oplinger from Seeing Eye
- Remote Instruction and Effects of COVID on Instruction Panel: Patty Bushland, Katie Barnes, Sara Bushland, Emilie Jackson, Alecia Davidson
For all conference-related questions, you may also contact Toni Ericson at 512-206-9314.