"I do not feel even 80% competent in most of the technology my student uses." Does this describe your feelings about assistive technology? This conference will cover such cutting-edge topics as using growth mindset approach, navigating your IT department, web access, current mainstream technology, practical application of technology for students, and psychosocial issues. The conference will also feature a panel of successful young adults with low vision describing their experiences with AT in the school setting and into adult life. Educational teams who are using technology with their students with low vision are the primary audience for this conference.
- Identify differences between a growth mindset and a fixed mindset for assistive technology.
- Learn about strategies for collaborating with the district IT and special education departments on behalf of students with low vision.
- Benefit from the real-life experiences of young adults with low vision and their experiences of technology in both school and community/vocational settings.
Important Session Information:
Agenda: (in Central Time)
- 08:30 AM – 08:45 AM: Welcome and Rationale for Conference
- 08:45 AM – 10:15 AM: Back to Basics: Cultivating an AT Mindset
- 10:15 AM – 10:30 AM: Break
- 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM: Access with Mainstream Tech
- 12:00 PM – 12:30 PM: Lunch
- 12:30 PM – 01:30 PM: Exhibits and vendors in Breakout Rooms
- 01:30 PM – 01:45 PM: Break
- 01:45 PM – 03:15 PM: What Happens after High School? Additional Skills to Consider, with panel discussion: “My Struggles, Solutions and Essential Skills”
- 03:15 PM – 03:30 PM: Closing, session code, drawing for door prizes