Mark your calendars for Wednesday, July 15, 2020, when Sandra Stirnweis, Certified Orientation and Mobility Specialist with more than 30 years' experience teaching children and adults of all ages, will present a live webinar on the topic "Optics - Everything You Wanted to Know and All the Math You Didn't!"
Date: July 15, 2020
Time: 12:00-1:00 Arizona time (12:00 Pacific/1:00 Mountain/2:00 Central/3:00 Eastern/9:00 Hawaii/11:00 Alaska)
CEU: 1 hour professional development credit, ACVREP-certified
- Understand the difference between diopters, enlargement factor, and magnification
- Be able to identify the magnification of a telescope with no markings
- Determine the required size materials needed based on of size of print
- Understand the amount of magnification offered by electronic devices
- Understand the difference between Galilean and Keplerian telescopes
- Apply a variety of formulas to determine best magnification, target size, and reading distance to maximize a student’s access to visual materials.