APH (American Printing House for the Blind) Press is looking for proposals for a new up-to-date resource guide for itinerant teachers. Itinerant teachers of visually impaired students are always on the move handling a substantial caseload and providing services all over the map to students of different ages with different needs. Having a practical guide with tips and techniques for staying organized could be the key to success for itinerant teachers.
Possible topics include:
- History and philosophy of itinerant teaching
- Facilitating participation in educational activities
- Providing services for infants and their families
- Working with students who have visual and multiple disabilities
- Orientation and mobility
- Rural perspective
- Access technology
Proposals may be submitted to APH Press Director, Heather Spence, at firstname.lastname@example.org and should include the following information. They are open to proposals of any length including single topic books as well as longer books covering multiple topics.
- Contact information (name, email, phone)
- Summary of proposal, including title and estimated length
- Your credentials as a subject matter expert (looking for itinerant teachers with recent experience within the past five years)
- Table of Contents
- Sample Chapter
Deadline: June 30, 2021