Get Ready. Get Set. Spring Into Braille with Hadley's annual reading challenge!
Challenge yourself to read as much braille as you can from April 1 through May 31, 2019. You may be surprised at just how many pages you can read! You will also undoubtedly notice that over time your reading speed and accuracy improve as well.
Steps to Participate
- Register for the Spring Into Braille Challenge.
- Find materials to read and get reading! Aside from braille course material, you can read whatever materials you'd like. If you need help finding braille resources, download these pages:
- Braille Reading Material for those reading by touch
- Braille Reading Material for those reading by sight
- Log your books and number of pages read using this log. If you prefer a written log, please download and read this document: Alternate Reading Log and Mailing Instructions
What Counts for the Program:
- Any form of braille
- Any means of reading braille (touch or sight)
- Any page size
- Any number of words per page
What Doesn't Count:
- Hadley course materials
- Speech access
All participants will receive a certificate to show off to their friends! Read at least 100 pages, and your name will be entered into a random drawing. One participant from each of the following reading categories will win a $50 gift certificate to Future Aids, The Braille Superstore!
BONUS: If you are currently enrolled or complete a Hadley course during the duration of the program you will earn a Bonus Entry and your name will be entered an additional time. Learn more about enrolling in a Hadley course on their website Hadley.edu.
Spring into Braille Reading Categories
- Seedling: 100 — 200 pages
- Sprout: 201 — 500 pages
- Bud: 501 — 1,000 pages
- Bloom: 1,001 — 2,000 pages
- Blossom: 2,001 pages plus
Completed reading logs must be received at Hadley by June 14, 2019. The random drawing will be held on July 1. Winners will be notified by email or telephone.
For More Information
- Need help editing your log? Or can’t remember your username and/or password? Please email SpringIntoBraille@Hadley.edu.
- For other general questions about Spring into Braille, please contact Debbie Siegel or Linn Sorge at 800-323-4238.
- For more advanced technical assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-323-4238, ext. 6690