The International Tactile Illustrated Book Contest is sponsored by Typhlo & Tactus. The goal of the organization is to increase the quantity, quality and availability of books with tactile illustrations for young children who are blind or visually impaired. U.S. entrants should send their completed tactile book, designed for a child with visual impairment from 3 to 12 years of age, to the American Printing House for the Blind. Questions? Contact Roberta Williams, email@example.com.
- To increase the quantity of tactile books available at an affordable price
- To increase awareness of the need for tactile books
- To offer guidance and provide inspiration for designers of tactile books
- To share ideas, resources and information
- To participate in relevant research
- To promote excellence in this field through national and international competitions
- To publish guidelines on the production of tactile books and on their use with visually-impaired children.
To see the full list of past winners and for more information, see http://www.tactus.org/