As the school year comes to an end, there is a group of researchers who want to collect reflections from many individuals involved in the education of children with visual impairments during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are doing focus groups and brief surveys for youth 13 years or older, family members, early intervention providers, paraprofessionals, general ed teachers, special ed teachers, administrators, and of course TVIs and O&M specialists. We know it is a busy time of year and people are tired, but this is a very important study. Some of our focus groups for families will be conducted in Spanish. Follow this link to learn more, sign up for the study, and find flyers in English and Spanish to share widely.
What's the Study About? Who's It For?
Are you a family member of a child with a visual impairment, birth-22, in early intervention, preschool, K-12, or transition?
Are you a teen or in your early 20s with a visual impairment in K-12 education or transition?
Then we want to hear from you!
During May and June we are:
- Inviting family members to take part in a 60-90 minute focus group where those with similar experiences share their perspectives
- Inviting teens (13 years+) to take part in a 60-90 minute focus group to let us know what has and has not worked for them this school year
- Inviting teens (13 years+) to take a 28 item survey
- Have your voice heard.
- Help shape what education will look like in the future.
- Let us know what did and did not work for you this school year.
Dr. L. Penny Rosenblum and the Research Team