The NFB BELL Academy (National Federation of the Blind Braille Enrichment for Literacy and Learning) is a nationwide (United States and Puerto Rico) summer program that is designed to promote independence and confidence in children who are blind or visually impaired. Children will be presented with instruction in braille and nonvisual skills through fun, hands-on learning activities.
Who Should Attend
Children who are blind or visually impaired, ages 4-12, who:
- Do not receive enough braille and non-visual skills instruction in school.
- Could benefit from more braille exposure over the summer.
- Would enjoy connecting with role models who are blind.
- Session 1 - June 7-18, 2021
- Session 2 - July 19-30, 2021
- Session 3 - August 9-20, 2021