What is Project INSPIRE?
Project INSPIRE is a 5-year training grant to support braille literacy for professionals and students to build their skills and knowledge in the braille codes for STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) courses.
Who is the target group for the course?
The target group for the course is teachers of students with visual impairments who have a basic knowledge of writing numbers and simple equations in Nemeth Code. Teachers must currently be serving a Pre-K to 1st grade student learning the Nemeth Code within UEB Contexts or will serve a student in 2020-2021.
How is the course structured?
Participants will: (a) complete a pre-test, (b) complete 7 self-paced lessons, (c) complete 2 assignments that will be submitted to the instructors, and (d) complete a post-test.
What are the logistics of the course?
- Dates: March 30, 2020 to May 12, 2020
- Cost: Free (If you do not complete the course you will not be permitted to take future Project INSPIRE courses.)
- Delivery Model: All materials will be online
- Time Commitment: 12 to 15 hours
- Topics: Nemeth Code review, formatting materials, working as a team, teaching strategies, & ideas for families
How can I learn more and sign up?
- Please complete the demographic form and you will then receive additional information. Space is limited, so if you do not get into this course you will be put on the waiting list for the next one.
- For more information email: Project_INSPIRE@uscupstate.edu
- Phone: 864-503-5572 with questions
- Follow on Facebook: Project Inspire: Increasing STEM Braille Potential.