Attention Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants, and Teachers of the Visually Impaired. Please consider participating in a survey regarding educational background related to Cortical Visual Impairment. For more details, read the information sheet below.
Survey for occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, and teachers of the visually impaired: evaluation and treatment of individuals with cortical visual impairment
What is the study about and what will we learn from this study?
We want to know more about:
- The education and training in which occupational therapists (OT), occupational therapy assistants (COTA) and teachers of the visually impaired (TVIs) have participated in related to cortical visual impairment (CVI).
- The number of individuals and the capacity in which individuals with CVI are cared for by OTs, COTAs and TVIs.
- Access to medical information and materials for individuals with CVI on your caseload
The results of this study will hopefully inform education and training opportunities available to learn about CVI and resources needed by providers working with individuals with CVI.
Who can take part in this research study?
Occupational therapists, certified occupational therapist assistants, and teachers of the visually impaired can complete the 38 question survey.
What's involved in the research study?
If you agree to participate in this study, the following will occur:
- You will read this study information sheet and if you agree to participate, you will complete the included, 38 question survey questions and send your completed survey back to Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center. You will only complete the survey one time. Your completed survey serves as your agreement to participate.
- The completed surveys will be gathered for a 3-6 month period and our team will compile the results of the survey answers after the survey collection period.
- We will review training experience of professionals working with CVI population, current caseload volumes of individuals with CVI receiving care from OTs, COTAs, and TVIs and if and how often the professional has access to the specified medical information. The information shared only with the study team and will be recorded in our databases for this survey.
How long will you be in the research study?
Your participation will begin when you start the survey and end when you complete the survey.
How will your information be kept private?
Making sure that information about you remains private is important to us. To protect your privacy, we are not asking that you provide any identifying information. Therefore, in the event of any publication regarding this study, there will be no information specific enough to identify you. Electronic databases will be password protected and stored on a secure server at CCHMC. By participating in this study, you are giving permission for representatives of the CCHMC, the Investigator and CCHMC study staff including the Institutional Review Board and the Office for Research Compliance and Regulatory Affairs to review your answers to the survey.
Will you be paid to participate in this research study?
You will not be paid for your participation in this research study.
Who do you call if you have questions about this study?
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Karen Harpster, PhD, OTR/L at Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org or 513-803-3604.