The TVI Language and Literacy Survey from Dr. Lindsay Harris at Northern Illinois University will be closing at the end of the day (11:59pm CST) on Friday, May 1. If you are a TVI in the U.S. who has not yet completed it, the following announcement describes the study and contains a link to the survey. Thank you!
I am seeking TVIs to complete an online research survey. You are eligible to participate if
- You are a certified or licensed TVI in the United States, and
- You have worked as a TVI in the past 18 months.
The survey takes approximately 10-15 minutes to complete.
The purpose of the survey is to better understand what TVIs know about language and linguistic concepts related to reading instruction. It consists of 70 items in total, including:
- 12 demographic/background questions
- 2 questions about your perceptions of your teaching ability
- 38 questions about language concepts
- 16 questions about dyslexia
- 2 open-ended questions
Data is collected anonymously, so there will be no way to connect your responses back to you. The study has been approved by the Institutional Review Board of Northern Illinois University.
Please forward the links below to anyone you know who is a TVI in the U.S.:
- Original survey: https://niu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bwJhcpMNiPNQV3T
- Fully accessible survey: https://niu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dorgFg2FYZBENOl
Please only take ONE version of the survey.
Thanks for your time, and feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!