Perkins eLearning is hosting a monthly series of free webinars called CVI for the TVI and Other Professionals. This regular educational forum s designed to respond to the needs of TVIs and other professionals to discuss the challenges of meeting the needs of students with cortical visual impairment (CVI), which is the leading cause of visual impairment in school-aged children in the United States.
Joining the Webinars
These monthly web-based meetings are held via Zoom and is open to professionals who have signed up to participate. The meetings are open to members only. If you are interested in becoming a member, please contact Mary Zatta.
What Will the Content Be?
Each “meeting” will have a specific topic led by a professional who has demonstrated leadership in CVI. Topics have been selected based on the survey responses received. Participants will have access to the presenters powerpoint as well as other documents, videos, etc. There will be no charge for participating.
- The CVI Umbrella: A Community of Ideas - Matt Tietjen
- Considerations for CVI & Social Inclusion Parts 1 and 2 - Dr. Christine Roman - Lantzy
- Does This Child have Cerebral/Cortical Vision Impairment? - Dr. Barry Kran
- My Expanding Understanding: The Visual Behaviors of CVI - Ellen Mazel
- Visual Search in CVI: Novel Assessment Using Virtual Reality - Dr. Chris Bennett
- Determining Service Levels for Learner with CVI using: VISSIT - Dr. Shannon Darst
- Creating Accessible Home Environments - Marguerite Tibadeau
- The Impact of Clutter on Children with Cerebral Visual Impairment - Nicola McDowell
- What's Next? A Case Study Using a Calendar Box - Peg Palmer