The National Deaf Center (NDC) on Postsecondary Outcomes shares tips for teaching deaf students online. These tips include:
- Start a Continuing Dialogue.
- Consider the Pros and Cons of Synchronous Versus Asynchronous Approaches.
- Present course content and materials in a range of diverse media.
- Engage Students in Interactive Discussions.
- Establish Clear Guidelines and Communication Protocols.
- Ensure That Instructional Materials and Media Are Accessible.
- Work Closely With Service Providers.
- Be Flexible!