- black construction paper to create pages of book
- puff paint
- shiny paper of different colors
- spiral binding
- Before creating a book, observe how the child uses his or her vision, and determine which colors are prefered.
- Place one star of the preferred color on the first page of the book and make each page slightly more complex, by changing the color of the star, changing where it appears on the page, and changing the number of stars shown.
- Ask the child to point to the star and note whether or not he appears to be looking at it.
- There are many variations that can be made, with different shapes, different numbers of items, different colors, etc.
- As the student becomes familiar with this book, introduce slightly more complex books.
- Add words in print and braille.