Welcome to Project INSPIRE: Nemeth Code Symbols Used in the Middle Grades and Strategies for Supporting Math Learning. This is the fifth course in the series.
Please begin the course by watching these short introductory videos.
Project INSPIRE Team Video
Project INSPIRE Walk-Through Video
This course was developed as part of Project INSPIRE: Increasing the STEM Potential of Individuals Who Read Braille, a 5-year grant funded by the US Department of Education, Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (H235E190003).
Project INSPIRE, Course 5: Nemeth Code symbols used in middle school and strategies for supporting math learning
- Project INSPIRE, Course 5: Introduction
- If You Are a Braille Reader
- Lesson 1: Nemeth Code Symbols Used in Middle Grades, Part 1
- Lesson 2: Nemeth Code Symbols Used in the Middle Grades, Part 2
- Lesson 3: Formatting Materials and Number Lines for Students in Grades 5-8
- Lesson 4: Materials and Strategies for the Middle Grades (Course 5)
- Lesson 5: Creating Materials for Students to Use in Middle School Math Classes and Preparing Them for High School
- Lesson 6: Connecting Middle School Literature to Math Concepts and Symbols (Course 5)
- Lesson 7: Teaching Math Skills to Students with Visual Impairments and Additional Disabilities