Welcome to Project INSPIRE: An Introduction to Nemeth Code Used in Grades 2 to 5 and Strategies for Supporting Elementary Student in Building Math Skills. This is the second course in the series.
Please begin the course by watching these short introductory videos.
Project INSPIRE Team Video
Project INSPIRE Walk-Through Video
This course was developed as part of Project INSPIRE: Increasing the STEM Potential of Individuals Who Read Braille, a 5-year grant funded by the US Department of Education, Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (H235E190003).
Project INSPIRE, Course 2: Introducing Nemeth Code symbols for grades 2 to 5 and strategies for building math skills in elementary students
- Project INSPIRE, Course 2: Introduction
- Lesson 1: Nemeth Code Signs of Operation, Signs of Comparison, and Switch Indicators
- Lesson 2: Mathematical Comma, Decimal Point, Money, and Linear and Word Problems
- Lesson 3: Grouping Symbols and Superscripts
- Lesson 4: Formatting Materials for Students in Grades 2-5
- Lesson 5: Supporting the Student in Learning Nemeth Code and Math Concepts
- Lesson 6: Building a Strong Educational Team
- Lesson 7: The 3Cs of a Digital Workflow: Capture! Convert! Cloud! with Dr. Yue-Ting Siu
- Assignments for Nemeth Code Symbols Used in Grades 2-5
- Resources for Nemeth Code Symbols Used in Grades 2-5
- If You Are a Braille Reader using Nemeth Code Symbols Used in Grades 2-5