We have developed two assignments to allow you to apply what you have learned in this course to your work with students who are braille readers. Download Assignment 1 and complete it and then check your work against the answer key.
Download and complete Assignment 2. Once you have completed it, compare your response in the Assignment 2 Answer Key that contains examples responses completed by those who have taken the course as part of the Project INSPIRE initial course offerings.
Project INSPIRE, Course 2: Introducing Nemeth Code symbols for grades 2 to 5 and strategies for building math skills in elementary students
- Project INSPIRE, Course 2: Introduction
- Lesson 1: Nemeth Code Signs of Operation, Signs of Comparison, and Switch Indicators
- Lesson 2: Mathematical Comma, Decimal Point, Money, and Linear and Word Problems
- Lesson 3: Grouping Symbols and Superscripts
- Lesson 4: Formatting Materials for Students in Grades 2-5
- Lesson 5: Supporting the Student in Learning Nemeth Code and Math Concepts
- Lesson 6: Building a Strong Educational Team
- Lesson 7: The 3Cs of a Digital Workflow: Capture! Convert! Cloud! with Dr. Yue-Ting Siu
- Assignments for Nemeth Code Symbols Used in Grades 2-5
- Resources for Nemeth Code Symbols Used in Grades 2-5
- If You Are a Braille Reader using Nemeth Code Symbols Used in Grades 2-5