If you are a print reader, there are no activities for Lesson 5 that have an accompanying braille file. We suggest you wait to access the Lesson 5 PPT.pdf file until after you watch the video.
On Slide 4 of the video you will see an image of a table in braille and print. Please note the image of the table in braille has an error. In the third column, the column separation line should extend the full length of the third column. The image in the PowerPoint is correct.
Project INSPIRE, Course 2: Introducing Nemeth Code symbols for grades 2 to 5 and strategies for building math skills in elementary students
- Project INSPIRE, Course 2: Introduction
- Lesson 1: Nemeth Code Signs of Operation, Signs of Comparison, and Switch Indicators
- Lesson 2: Mathematical Comma, Decimal Point, Money, and Linear and Word Problems
- Lesson 3: Grouping Symbols and Superscripts
- Lesson 4: Formatting Materials for Students in Grades 2-5
- Lesson 5: Supporting the Student in Learning Nemeth Code and Math Concepts
- Lesson 6: Building a Strong Educational Team
- Lesson 7: The 3Cs of a Digital Workflow: Capture! Convert! Cloud! with Dr. Yue-Ting Siu
- Assignments for Nemeth Code Symbols Used in Grades 2-5
- Resources for Nemeth Code Symbols Used in Grades 2-5
- If You Are a Braille Reader using Nemeth Code Symbols Used in Grades 2-5