Welcome to Project INSPIRE: Geometry and Tactile Graphics for Students in Grades 3 to 8. This is the fourth course in the series.
Please begin the course by watching these short introductory videos.
Project INSPIRE Team Video
Project INSPIRE Walk-Through Video
This course was developed as part of Project INSPIRE: Increasing the STEM Potential of Individuals Who Read Braille, a 5-year grant funded by the US Department of Education, Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (H235E190003).
- Project INSPIRE, Course 4: Introduction
- If You Are a Braille Reader
- Lesson 1: Basic Shapes and Angles Used in Geometry
- Lesson 2: The Five-Step Rule and Exceptions
- Lesson 3: Materials and Strategies for Geometry Instruction
- Lesson 4: Creating Quick and Efficient Tactile Graphics
- Lesson 5: Teaching Your Student to Create Their Own Drawings
- Lesson 6: Systematically Teaching Graphics Literacy Skills to Students
- Lesson 7: Strategies for Developing Students’ Thinking Skills