We have developed two assignments to allow you to apply what you have learned in this course to your work with students who are braille readers. Download Assignment 1 and complete it and then check your work against the answer key.
Download and complete Assignment 2. Once you have completed it, compare your response in the Assignment 2 Answer Key that contains examples responses completed by those who have taken the course as part of the Project INSPIRE initial course offerings.
- Project INSPIRE, Course 4: Introduction
- If You Are a Braille Reader
- Lesson 1: Basic Shapes and Angles Used in Geometry
- Lesson 2: The Five-Step Rule and Exceptions
- Lesson 3: Materials and Strategies for Geometry Instruction
- Lesson 4: Creating Quick and Efficient Tactile Graphics
- Lesson 5: Teaching Your Student to Create Their Own Drawings
- Lesson 6: Systematically Teaching Graphics Literacy Skills to Students
- Lesson 7: Strategies for Developing Students’ Thinking Skills