The Roll and Read activity is great for increasing reading accuracy and fluency.
- braille paper
- puffy paint
- Students read and re-read six sentences or word sets on a sheet prepared by the teacher.
- The student rolls the dice and reads the item that corresponds with the number on the sheet.
- This activity can be made using word family sets such as the “ea” pattern, vowel patterns such as the short “i”, or high frequency words.
- The teacher can work on the activity as a one-on one guided practice with the student, or students can work in pairs, taking turns rolling the dice and reading the corresponding sentence or word.
- The print and the braille on the Roll and Read sheet allow all types of learners to participate in the activity.