The materials will depend upon the specific tactile poster you create. In this one I used:
- poster board
- leaves, flowers, butterfly from crafts store
- glue gun
- You can include the student in the design and creation of the tactile poster, or do it yourself.
- Invite the student to explore the poster, create a story about it, discuss his feelings and ask questions about it.
- Encourage the student to interact with the poster using toys animals or other props.
- Braille and print labels can be added, although I didn't include them here.
Share your ideas for other tactile posters!