These sticks were created for my prebraille student. We can play several activities with the one set of tongue depressors that have been adapted with textures:
- turn them all over and do a matching game
- sort by texture (soft/rough)
I plan to create more of the sticks on a smaller tongue depressor to do patterning. The reason I used the tongue depressors instead of a smaller shape was to promote the student tracking across the stick from left to right as they explored the texture.
- Tongue Depressor (I used the large ones)
- Textured paper (APH has a nice set available on quota funds)
- Xyron machine to make paper into stickers to stick to the tongue depressor