This webcast with Ike Presley from AFB (American Foundation of the Blind) provides an overview of assistive technology assessments for individuals who are blind or visually impaired. He discusses the importance of understanding the assistive technology options, the needs of the individual learner, and the requirements of the task in making a decision about what type of assistive technology is most appropriate.
The video includes the following chapters:
- Understanding Assistive Technology Options
- Choosing the Right Tools for The Learner
- Conducting an Assessment: A Practical Example
- Advocating for Assistive Technology Purchases
- How Often should Learners be Reassessed?
- Resources for Staying Current with Assistive Technologies