Ballyland Magic Plus is the latest educational app from Sonokids, and is designed to teach children who are blind or have low vision the concepts and foundation gesture skills for VoiceOver accessibility. While they play the game and interact with the Ballylanders, the children learn accessibility concepts and fundamental finger gestures for VoiceOver, Apple’s built-in screen reader. These skills enable children who are blind or have low vision to use an iPad or other iOS mobile touch screen device. This is an updated version of the Ballyland Magic app, with new features.
Ballyland Magic Plus works on the following gestures: finger drag, split tap, double tap, single finger flick left/right, three finger flick left/right.
What's new in the Plus version?
- Introduces an important additional gesture: split tap with finger drag
- Bigger images of Ballylanders in the levels of the game and yellow circle with finger drag for low vision support
- More adjustable Settings
- The Options Menu is now also fully accessible for educators who are blind
- Settings can be saved per level for better student support
- Remake of Intro song
- Completely re-engineered for improved user interface, and user experience
- Magic Show with more animation