I boarded at Ripon Grammar School (UK) in the 1970s, my father was a pilot in the air force which meant we were always moving around. I left school at 16 and enrolled at Secretarial College but after having my family I started to help out in schools later on getting a job with the Council and trained in the use of braille. I have worked for Wigan Education Sensory Team (SSET) for over 20 years. I work alongside teachers supporting and promoting effective communication, learning and attainment and enable access to the learning environment. I support the team in improving outcomes for young people with a sensory impairment.
My daily tasks include:
- Preparing braille and tactile resources for VI students to access the curriculum.
- Supporting HI students when required.
- Implementing and developing individual programmes together with the Specialist Teacher.
- Ensuring the safety and wellbeing of young people.
- Working with young people in class and one-to-one.
- Training Teaching Assistants/staff.
- Using appropriate equipment and software, Duxbury, embosser, prodigy, braille note, iPad
Posts by Kathryn Sedarati
|Title||Type of Post||Created on|
|Creating a Christmas Story Bucket Using Pen Friend||Strategies||12/21/2021|
|Can You Count in Twos?||Strategies||02/07/2017|
|Tracking Activities for Pre-Braille Learners||Strategies||12/26/2016|
|Festive Christmas Stocking Game||Strategies||12/13/2016|
|A Braille Christmas Tree and Snowman Picture||Strategies||12/09/2016|