A fun confidence-builder for early readers, What’s GNU? helps young players build their spelling skills and vocabularies. The object of this game is to practice spelling out 3-letter words. This can be done by choosing which letter tile will make a word, re-arranging the letters, changing a consonant or vowel to make a new word, and many other variations. Widely available in toy stores or online.
- What’s Gnu? game
- Dymo tape for braille adaptation
- Have the first player slide the Letter Getter to reveal two letter tiles
- Use the tiles to create three-letter words on the Word Cards.
- The words can be increasingly complex, as a student’s level permits.
- It is easy to put dymo-tape braille on the tiles to adapt it for students who are blind.