This lesson is designed to promote auditory and language development, fine motor skills, book and story skills for students who are blind or visually impaired.
- Sing "Five rocket men going to the Moon".
- Spin the "Moon" and when it stops, the child feels/or reads the initial letter sign on the textured rocket man that stops in front of them.
- From the silver suited set of rocket men, the child locates the one with the matching initial letter sound.
- The activity could be played by the child on their own, or along with other friends.
- Add numbers instead of letters. Use different 2D shapes, 3D shapes, textures, sounds