This post is the seventh in a series of lessons on teaching students who are braille readers to make the transition from EBAE (English Braille American Edition) to UEB (Unified English Braille). All lessons are by Catherine Summ and Suzanne Cappiello, who both work as Education Consultants for the Department of Rehabilitative Services (DORS-BESB) in CT.
- A matinee movie ticket costs $4.00.
- You can check the weather at www.weather.com.
- There are 8.4 million people living in New York City.
- A dozen bagels is $6.00 at the bakery.
- 2.5 million people in the state said they really like cheese pizza.
- I paid $15.00 for my train ticket.
- I have version 12.4 of the software.
- Blue jeans are on sale two pairs for $40.00.
Additional Activities: Writing Practice
- Apples cost $3.50 per bag.
- I have the 5.5 version of the cell phone.
- Each ruler costs $2.50.
- 7.3 million Canadians speak French as their native language.
- Water bottles cost $1.00.
- The world population is 7.3 billion.
- Each sandwich costs $4.75.
- We need version 10.2 of the software.
- Raffle tickets are $2.00 each or three for $5.00.
- 73.8 million acres of soybeans are harvested in the U.S. each year.
- Major U.S. crop information may be found at epa.gov.
- I paid $18.50 for the large ice cream cake.
Educational Activity and Game: