I came up with this activity to help my student learn numbers in literary braille, using a format similar to what the other children in the classroom are doing.
- Cardboard or card stock
- Graphic art tape
- Blank Cards (APH 1-03540-00)
- Create cards with literary braille numbers.
- For younger students, place tactile lines between numbers.
- Place counters in a bowl or shallow container (in this case foam squares, although any type of counter can be used).
Ask the student to read the braille number on the card and place the corresponding number of counters on the line to the right of the card.
- Literary number matched with number word
- Nemeth number matched with number word
- Simple math sentence matched to the number shown (help to reinforce learning the Nemeth symbols)