Early Literacy is a section of the Zero to Three website offering tips and tools for parents and teachers around the topic of supporting the development of literacy in children birth to three years of age.
The site includes:
- Tips on how to introduce toddlers and babies to books
- Helping Your Child Become a Confident Reader and Writer Starting from Birth
- Learning to Write and Draw (not specific to children with visual impairments, although the tips can easily be adapted)
- Babies, Toddlers, and Early Reading (video)
- Learning to Read the World: Literacy in the First 3 Years
- How to Promote Early Language and Literacy (video)
- Is it too early to begin reading to my 6-month-old?
- Literacy with Love (video)
- What We Know About Early Literacy and Language Development