Welcome to the free, self-paced courses available through Project INSPIRE: Increasing the STEM Potential of Individuals Who Read Braille, a 5-year grant funded by the US Department of Education, Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (H235E190003). Twice a year we will be adding additional courses so please check back for additional courses.
The following courses are available:
- Course 1: Nemeth Code within UEB Contexts and Strategies for Supporting the Pre-K-1st Grade Student in Building Math Skills
- Course 2: An Introduction to Nemeth Code Symbols Used in Grades 2 to 5 and Strategies for Supporting Elementary Students in Building Math Skills
- Course 3: Grades 2-5: Nemeth Code Symbols for Fractions and Spatial Problems, Instructional Tools, Materials, and Technology
These courses are offered in Fall 2021 beginning October 11, 2021:
- Geometry and Tactile Graphics for Students in Grades 3 to 8
- Nemeth Code Symbols Used in the Middle Grades and Strategies for Supporting Math Learning