If you are a print reader, before you watch the Lesson 1 video, we recommend you emboss the Lesson 1 Activities.brf file or print the Lesson 1 Activities.pdf file. If you are using Duxbury, before opening any BRF files in Duxbury, go into the Global menu. Select “Formatted Braille Importer” and then check the box for “Read formatted braille without interpretation” at the top of the window. This will ensure that nothing is changed when opening the BRF files. We suggest you wait to access the Lesson 1 PPT.pdf file until after you watch the video.
Please note that on Slide 11 in the video, there should not be a numeric indicator in front of the 45 degrees.
- Project INSPIRE homepage
- Course 6: Introduction
- If You Are a Braille Reader: Course 6
- Lesson 1: Symbols for Advanced Math, Part 1
- Lesson 2: Symbols for Advanced Math, Part 2
- Lesson 3: Symbols for Advanced Math, Part 3
- Lesson 4: Formatting Materials for Students in High School
- Lesson 5: Materials and Strategies for High School
- Lesson 6: Calculators, Computers, Notetakers, and More in the Math Classroom