Project INSPIRE is recruiting for fall 2023 courses that will begin on Tuesday, October 10, 2023.
They are offering the opportunity to take ONE of the courses to the following individuals: teachers of students with visual impairments, paraprofessionals who support braille readers, individuals who are preparing braille materials, and university students preparing to become TSVIs.
Please note that Courses 1-6 focus on the Nemeth Code, and Course 7 focuses on UEB Math/Science.
You may choose from the following courses:
- Course 1: Nemeth Code within UEB Contexts and Strategies for Supporting the PreK-1st Grade Student in Building Math Skills
- Course 2: An Introduction to Nemeth Code Symbols Used in Grades 2 to 5 and Strategies for Supporting Elementary Students in Building Math Skills
- Course 3: Grades 2 to 5: Nemeth Code Symbols for Fractions and Spatial Problems, Instructional Tools, Materials and Technology
- Course 4: Geometry and Tactile Graphics for Students in Grades 3 to 8
- Course 5: Nemeth Code Symbols Used in the Middle Grades and Strategies for Supporting Math Learning
- Course 6: Nemeth Code Symbols Used in High School and Strategies for Supporting Math Learning
- Course 7: An Introduction to UEB Math/Science for Pre-Kindergarten-1st Grade Students and Strategies for Supporting Math Learning