Welcome to Pre-Kindergarten – 1st Grade Students: Nemeth Code within UEB Contexts and Strategies for Supporting the Student in Building Math Skills. This is the first course in the series.
Please begin the course by watching these short introductory videos.
Project INSPIRE Team Video
This course was developed as part of Project INSPIRE: Increasing the STEM Potential of Individuals Who Read Braille, a 5-year grant funded by the US Department of Education, Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (H235E190003).
Project INSPIRE, Course 1: Nemeth Code within UEB contexts and strategies for building math skills in pre-K to 1st grade students
- Project INSPIRE, Course 1: Introduction
- If You Are a Braille Reader Using Nemeth Code within UEB Contexts PreK-1
- Lesson 1: Numbers and Linear Problems
- Lesson 2: Math Problems and Nemeth Code Switch Indicators
- Lesson 3: Multiple Choice Problems and Spatial Problems
- Lesson 4: Formatting Materials for Students in the Early Grades
- Lesson 5: Working with the Educational Team
- Lesson 6: Supporting the Student in Learning Nemeth Code and Math Concepts
- Lesson 7: Family Engagement to Support the Child’s Success in Math
- Assignments for Nemeth Code within UEB Contexts PreK-1
- Resources for Nemeth Code within UEB Contexts PreK-1
- Contact Project INSPIRE: Nemeth Code within UEB Contexts PreK-1