We have compiled a Resource List for you. It includes resources and materials included in the course.
Books/Documents to Assist You in Preparing Nemeth Code within UEB Contexts Materials
This document explains the basics of preparing Nemeth Code within UEB Contexts materials.
- Maryland’s College and Career Ready Standards for Unified English Braille and Nemeth Code: Mathematics This document is produced by the Maryland State Department of Education. It was updated in 2015. By grade level it contains clusters and standards aligned with the Common Core State Standards (CCSS Initiative, 2010).
The Nemeth Braille Code Curriculum (Pre-K through 2nd Grade) This resource is designed to teach students who are visually impaired how to read and write the Nemeth Code. It is aligned with the Common Core State Standards (CCSS Initiative, 2010) and includes hands-on activities and games that reinforce grade-level math concepts and make learning the Nemeth Code fun and meaningful for children of all ages.
Nemeth at a Glance: A Math Resource, Grade Level Chart, and Evaluation Tool This resource contains a chart of Nemeth Code symbols by grade level in addition to an evaluation tool teachers of students with visual impairments can use in evaluating their student’s Nemeth Code skills.
Nemeth Braille Searchable Database Both braille and print readers can use this online database to access examples of math symbols shown in both print and braille. Brief explanations of symbols are provided. Users can download .brf or PDF files with SimBraille.
APH Nemeth Tutorial The Nemeth Tutorial has 11 lessons organized by grade level. The lessons are accessible to both print and braille readers. Rules are explained and examples provided for each topic. There are reading, writing, and proofreading exercises users can complete to practice information covered under the topic.
Nemeth Braille Code for Instructors and Paraeducators Organized by grade level, these instructional modules provide explanations of math symbols with examples. Each module has a short quiz for users to test their knowledge after watching the module.
Products from the American Printing House for the Blind
- Addition and Subtraction Table (5-82699-00)
- Beginner’s Abacus (1-03180-00)
- Consumable Hundreds Chart (5-82710-00)
- Cranmer Abacus (1-03150-00)
- Desktop Stick-On Number Lines: Large Print-Braille (5-pack) (1- 03481-00)
- DRAFTSMAN: Tactile Drawing Board (1-08857-00)
- Expanded Beginner’s Abacus (1-03181-00)
- Feel ‘n Peel Stickers: Nemeth Basic Math Symbols (1-08892-00)
- Feel ‘n Peel Stickers: Nemeth Braille-Print Numbers 0-100 (1-08876- 00)
- Fractional Parts of Whole Set (1-03290-00)
- Hundreds Board and Manipulatives, Nemeth Code (1-03107-00)
- Math Drill Cards: Addition Cards (Nemeth) (1-03552-00)
- Math Drill Cards: Subtraction Cards (Nemeth) (1-03553-00)
- MathBuilders, Unit 1: Matching, Sorting, and Patterning ( 7-03560-00)
- MathBuilders, Unit 6: Geometry (7-03563-00)
- MathBuilders, Unit 7: Fractions, Mixed Numbers, and Decimals (7- 03564-00)
- Quick Pick Math Counting (1-03574-00)
- Quick Pick Math Addition (1-03570-00)
- Quick Pick Math Subtraction (1-03571-00)
- Tactile Five and Ten Frames (1-03567-00)
- Tactile Tangrams Kit (1-08439-00)
- Individual calendar kit (1-18971-00)
- HANDS ON Kit: Functional Activities for Visually Impaired Preschoolers (1-03260-00)
- FOCUS in Mathematics Kit, Second Edition (1-08280-01)
- Feel ‘n Peel Sheets: Carousel of Textures (1-08863-00)
- Shape Board (1-03710-01)
- Textured Sorting Circles and Shapes (1-08834-00)
- Picture Maker Wheatley Tactile Diagramming Kit (1-08838-00)
- Embossed Graph Sheets: 1 inch Squares, 10 x 10 Grid (1-04058-00)
- Game Kit: Materials Bag with 4 Dice, 6 Game Tokens (61-131-045)
- Graphic Art Tape (1-08878-00)
- Puzzle Form Board Kit (1-03721-00)
- Fractional Parts of Wholes Set (1-03290-00)
- TactileDoodle Kit (1-08824-00)
Project INSPIRE, Course 1: Nemeth Code within UEB contexts and strategies for building math skills in pre-K to 1st grade students
- Project INSPIRE, Course 1: Introduction
- If You Are a Braille Reader using Nemeth Code within UEB Contexts PreK-1
- Lesson 1: Numbers and Linear Problems
- Lesson 2: Math Problems and Nemeth Code Switch Indicators
- Lesson 3: Multiple Choice Problems and Spatial Problems
- Lesson 4: Formatting Materials for Students in the Early Grades
- Lesson 5: Working with the Educational Team
- Lesson 6: Supporting the Student in Learning Nemeth Code and Math Concepts
- Lesson 7: Family Engagement to Support the Child’s Success in Math
- Assignments for Nemeth Code within UEB Contexts PreK-1
- Resources for Nemeth Code within UEB Contexts PreK-1
- Contact Project INSPIRE: Nemeth Code within UEB Contexts PreK-1