Perkins eLearning offers a free monthly forum for collaboration and discussion on CVI in a series called CVI for the TVI.
With CVI as the leading cause of visual impairment in school-aged children in the U.S., we believe that TVI’s and other professionals would benefit from a having a regular, educational forum to discuss the challenges of meeting the needs of this population.
In response, we are pleased to offer a monthly web-based “meeting” via Zoom which is open to professionals who have signed up to participate. It is a closed meeting – open to members only. If you are interested in becoming a member, please join the mailing list.
Perkins School for the Blind (Mary Zatta and Ellen Mazel), Yvonne Locke and Peg Palmer (TVI’s in Connecticut) have developed this concept patterned after a similar “meeting” held by parents on a weekly basis. It seemed important to provide a venue for professionals to come together as well.
What Will the Content Be?
Each “meeting” will have a specific topic led by a professional who has demonstrated leadership in CVI. Topics have been selected based on the survey responses received. Participants will have access to the presenters powerpoint as well as other documents, videos, etc. There will be no charge for participating.
How Can I Participate?
Each month you will receive an invitation with the information about the topic, date, time, and URL for the “meeting”. The “meetings” will be recorded and available on our website for those who are unable to attend. “Meeting” times and days will be varied so as to reach as many professionals as possible.
- The CVI Umbrella: A Community of Ideas - Matt Tietjen
- Considerations for CVI & Social Inclusion Parts 1 and 2 - Dr. Christine Roman - Lantzy
- Does This Child have Cerebral/Cortical Vision Impairment? - Dr. Barry Kran
- My Expanding Understanding: The Visual Behaviors of CVI - Ellen Mazel
- Visual Search in CVI: Novel Assessment Using Virtual Reality - Dr. Chris Bennett
- Determining Service Levels for Learner with CVI using VISSIT - Dr. Shannon Darst
- Considerations for Reducing Complexity within the Home - Marguerite Tibaudo
- The Impact of Clutter on Children with Cerebral Visual Impairment - Nicola McDowell
- What's Next? A Case Study Using a Calendar Box - Peg Palmer
- Comparing Neuroplastic Changes in Ocular versus Cerebral Causes of Visual Impairment - Dr. Lotfi Merabet
- Ellen Mazel discusses UMass Boston's Cortical/Cerebral Visual Impairment (CVI) courses - Ellen Mazel
- What's the complexity - Matt Tietjen
- Our CVI Literacy Journey into Phase III (Part 1) - Judy Endicott
- Our CVI Literacy Journey into Phase III (Part 2) - Judy Endicott
- From Hospital to Home: Using Early Visual Functioning to Support Families - Dr. Catherine Smyth
- Teaching Strategies and Resources for Sensorimotor Stage Learners - Tina L. Gutierrez, TVI, MEd
- What do You See? - Matt Tietjen
- An Approach to Sensory Balance - Dr. Christine Roman-Lantzy and Matthew Tietjen
- Creating a CVI-Friendly Digital Book - Jonathan Hooper
- Making Literacy Decisions for Children with CVI - Tammy Reisman