In this experience story, a young girl and her teacher, Amy Parker, write about butting heads.
In this video, Karsen was six years old and had recently been diagnosed with autism. She also has bilateral sclerocornea and glaucoma present from birth.
- To build joint attention in a story-game using a highly preferred action
- To help her associate her words with written words
- To see what she can do to discriminate basic whole words in a repeated story
- To share in an experience together around writing
- For her to have fun, to be silly, and to develop trust
- To share this experience with her mom so that ideas transfer to home and to being playful around reading and writing
Download the transcript (Word document).
Reflection on Instruction