This video is part 5 of an 11-part self-paced training series called Tools to Support You in Having a Student with a Visual Impairment in Your K-6 General Education Classroom.
Many students with visual impairments read print. In this section, you’ll get information specific to how students who read print access it. This information will better prepare you to help your student be successful in your classroom.
- Tools to Support You in Having a Student with a Visual Impairment in Your K-6 General Education Classroom
- How Do You Use Your Vision?
- Understanding the Numbers Behind a Student’s Visual Impairment and the Use of Functional Vision
- Functional Vision Assessment 101
- Who’s on My Student’s Educational Team?
- How Do I Support the Print Reader in My Classroom?
- What is Braille and How Do Students Read It?
- How Do Students Write Using Braille?
- You and Your Student’s Paraprofessional Working Together
- What Is My Role in Adapting Materials?
- How Can I Support the Student Who Is Using Technology?
- Orientation and Mobility 101