We have developed two assignments to allow you to apply what you have learned in this course to your work with students who are braille readers. Download Assignment 1 and complete it and then check your work against the answer key.
Download and complete Assignment 2. Once you have completed it, compare your response in the Assignment 2 Example Responses that contains examples responses completed by those who have taken the course as part of the Project INSPIRE initial course offerings. You can also review the sample lesson plan Danielle Cummings completed.
Project INSPIRE, Course 3: Nemeth Code symbols for fractions and spatial problems for grades 2 to 5, and instructional materials
- Project INSPIRE, Course 3: Introduction
- Lesson 1: Fractions and Mixed Numbers
- Lesson 2: Spatial Arrangements
- Lesson 3: Long Division
- Lesson 4: Formatting Spatial Materials and Number Lines for Students in Grades 2-5
- Lesson 5: Instructional Tools and Materials
- Lesson 6: Developing Students’ Abacus Skills
- Lesson 7: Tech Skills for Math
- If You Are a Braille Reader using Project INSPIRE: Course 3
- Contact for Project INSPIRE