After meeting with the classroom teacher, I adapted some of the activities for Monday in a shamrock book format. The book is 5 pages. The cover is a glitter scrapbook page cut to the shape. Page 1 has 3 words relating to the day on it. Page 2 has pictures that relate to the day on it and the student will place braille labels on or near the picture it matches. Page 4 and 5 are drawing and collage pages. The collage page will be the student placing St. Patrick’s Day stickers on the page…filling it.
- green card stock/scrapbook paper
- braille labels
- St. Patrick’s Day images
- St. Patrick’s Day stickers
- system to bind
- Add green glitter to a scrapbook page cut into the shape of a shamrock.
- Make a list of words related to the day in braille (e.g. shamrock, green, March). Have the student do the braille or provide support, as necessary.
- Support the student to add braille labels to the pictures that relate to the day.
- Create a collage using stickers or tactile materials, depending on the needs of the student.
- Bind the book with a comb binding.
- Students with low vision can do this in print.
- Ask the students to match braille labels to the braille in the book.